COVID-19 has impacted every business process in one way or another.
While the pandemic resulted in job losses and temporary lay-offs across all the provinces in Canada, things are now looking up.
According to a recent report, shared by Statistics Canada, the Canadian economy added 419,000 jobs in July.
This is a positive development because due to the increase in employment over the late summer months, the job market has returned to about 93% of its previous capacity.
While employment is increasing, the way we work has changed significantly too.
This also applies to the way we hire.
Research published in the Human Resource Director magazine shows that nearly a quarter of hiring managers in Canada (24%) are planning to increase the headcount at their organizations in the second half of 2020.
How are you planning your remote recruitment activities?
There is a consensus that video interview solutions are the future of recruitment. Not only during the pandemic but also moving forward because:
· They are cost-effective.
· Enable you to break the geographic barriers.
· Eliminate the time needed to physically commute to a location.
· Allow you to connect with more individuals.
While there are solutions like Zoom, Teams, and Skype, you can also leverage a video interviewing software like Yello to implement a targeted recruitment strategy. Added features like live on-demand video interviews and pre-recorded video interviews can help in streamlining your recruitment process and sharing information internally.
So, whether you’re hiring seasoned professionals or fresh graduates, leveraging video solutions can be helpful.
There are things that you are already keeping in mind before speaking to a candidate, like ensuring that you have the job description, resume, and interview questions with you.
However, when it comes to video interviews some added considerations need to be kept into perspective. These include:
- Audio/Video clarity – This may seem quite straightforward, but it is an important consideration when it comes to delivering a good experience to your candidates. For instance, you need to ensure that your audio is clear, there are no disturbances, your laptop camera is at the right angle, and there is adequate light in the room.
- Provide instructions – Some video interview platforms may be new to your candidates. This is why it is essential to provide them detailed instructions on how to access these tools.
- Lastly, just make sure your tech (including your internet connection) is in order. We all have had situations where our slideshows have refused to run, or our microphone just decided to die on us!
Once you’ve selected your preferred candidates, you can run background checks like reference and education checks to ensure you’re hiring the individuals who are right for your organization.
Get in touch today to discuss your recruitment budget and pre-and-post employment background checks. Call Triton Canada on 1-844-874-8667 or visit www.tritoncanada.ca/business.