2020 is now in session. This is the perfect time to make the most of a clean slate and refresh your hiring best practices.
As we enter the new year and new decade, you can use the momentum to review your company’s recruitment policies. Here’s how to get started:
- If you haven’t done so already, conduct a year-end review for 2019.
- Identify new hiring opportunities and practices.
- Review how you screen potential candidates.
Your company might have already completed a year-end review for 2019 — but have you done so for your hiring processes?
If not, take the time to review your current policies and practices. You can review the past year, or even the past several years if it makes sense for your hiring. Some questions you can ask include:
- Over the past year, how many positions did you recruit?
- Of those, how many of those positions were successfully filled?
- Of the filled positions, how many new employees have remained in their positions and are they proving to be a good fit for the role?
- What is the rate of employee turnover in your organization?
- Of the recruiting you’ve completed in the past year, what worked well? What hasn’t?
- Are there any opportunities you see for improvement?
Take the time to consider what you have been doing and how effective it has been for your overall company.
In the past ten years, we have seen many innovations in technology and digital media. If you haven’t yet incorporated those into your practices, now is the time to consider it!
You might look at:
- Innovative job posting methods – such as these suggestions from Glassdoor.
- Starting a social media profile specifically about company culture and for recruitment.
- Incorporating an applicant tracking system (ATS) into your process.
- Opportunities for remote work or flexibility for team members.
- And so on.
It’s important to make the space to see how you can use the newest trends and technology and the start of the new year is the perfect time to do so.
Screening candidates during the application process has risen in popularity over the past decade — and for good reason.
It can help mitigate fraud risk, lower staff turnover, ensure you’re hiring the best candidates for open roles, and much more.
Plus, it’s easier to do today than ever before thanks to online pre-employment screening solutions. Now you can access background check results at the click of a button.
Some companies already conduct pre-employment screenings, however, there may be more available that you aren’t taking advantage of. And if you aren’t conducting any screenings at all, now is the time to get started.
Pre-employment screenings to consider include:
- Criminal background check
- Driver’s abstract screening
- Credit check verification
- Employment history check
- Education history verification
- Employment reference checks
- And more
These checks can significantly enhance your recruitment process and are a hiring best practice that shouldn’t be ignored.
We hope that 2020 is off to an amazing start for you and your hiring practices! Triton Canada can help make it your best year yet with our comprehensive pre-employment screening solutions.
Learn more about how our solutions can help your business refresh for the new year by calling 1-844-874-8667 or visiting www.tritoncanada.ca.